Polyvinyl Chloride or PVC is a flexible plastic material that is commonly used in construction. PVC Multiboard are commonly used in exhibition boards, display panels, and interior design applications. PVC Boards is a material that presents a variety of possible applications and eases the needs of architects, interior designers, and individual home builders. Here in this blog, we describe the PVC Vs Wood: Which Material is the Best for Your Home Decor?
Merits of using PVC:
- PVC is a popular choice because of its durability, and easy maintenance.
- This material is easy to work with since they are lightweight and flexible.
- It has the properties to mimic stone, tile, and traditional wood.
- They are a cost-effective alternative
Wood is a natural resource that has been used in home building since ancient times. It strikes the perfect combination of modernity and tradition. It is a popular building material in Indian homes for its versatility. Wood is popularly used in construction, furniture, and cosmetic products.
Merits of using Wood:
- Wood is used to add a natural and warm touch to any space.
- Properly maintained wood can last for many years.
- It can be carved and shaped into preferred shapes.
- It also has the benefit of helping in reducing stress and improving productivity.
Which is the best option?
- Both PVC and Wood are stable materials. But PVC Boards is naturally more resistant to moisture, rot, and insect damage, whereas wood is more prone to rot and insect damage if not maintained regularly. PVC is comparatively more resistant to twisting, splitting, and warping.
- When it comes to maintenance, PVC is easy to maintain than traditional wood. Traditional wood requires regular maintenance to keep its natural beauty and to prevent damage. It requires periodic cleaning, staining, and painting to maintain its appearance. While PVC can withstand harsh weather conditions and its color does not fade easily. DEMAC is the leading PVC Board Manufacturer in Kerala.
- PVC effects are lightweight, making them more comfortable to operate during installation. Wood, on the other hand, is more serious and will require more time and effort to install. Wood needs to be carved and shaped to fit into the desired area will make the installation process hard and time-consuming. To extend its lifespan, wood requires frequent painting and polishing. Thus, PVC is an efficient choice.
- The initial cost of PVC can be slightly higher than wood. But the money you spend will buy you an asset that is durable and requires low maintenance. Wood requires regular maintenance to keep up with its natural look, which can add to the overall cost of the product, i.e., one will have to pay more to keep the aesthetic appeal. PVC is a cost-effective choice in the long run. Choose the best PVC Boards in Kerala.
DEMAC’s PVC products are ideal for fabricating, sanding, and drilling. The products are 100% environment-friendly, waterproof, and decay-proof. They are recyclable and reusable making them a sustainable choice for homes. DEMAC offers a versatile collection of products and solutions to choose from.